Black and White A bit of fun .......

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Thumbnail, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

..... on a boring rainy day.
    Fantasy Figures.jpg Window light, hand-held.

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    It is good to see you are into black and white photography, Thumbnail.
    Take the colour out and it can bring out the emotional content of a image. After all a good photo tells a story.

3. Thumbnail

Thanks Craig, B&W has been my first love for over sixty years.

4. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    Great subject and well presented with great tones. How do you get the BW images? Camera or PP?

5. Thumbnail

Thank you Isac, it was a quick convert and touch of B&C in Photoshop.

6. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Window light, hand-held.[/QUOTE]
    After seeng your Black and White image , I was also inspired, this is a image I am preparing for a local comp and wonder what it would look like as BnW.
    RIC_9933bw.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  7. Thumbnail

You should go for it Craig, it's a smashing image but what is that light 'ish disk just above centre left? It's a bit of an eye-catcher.

8. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Keith, That is the one thing in the image that sticks out like a sore thumb. It is paddocks and open unbuilt on land. I do not think it is stands out as much in the colour image.
    I have plenty of time to work out what I am doing as the competion has not been officially been annouced as yet, possibly next month some time.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  9. Thumbnail

That's better now you've dealt with the little blighter Craig. You will be setting a high standard for the rest of the competition entries that's for sure.

10. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    I played around with the colour tempratures and spent a bit more time on this image.