Any way to set my settings to specific picture?

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by maryzzzphan, Jul 7, 2024.

1. maryzzzphan

maryzzzphan New Member

I’ve been playing around with my settings for a little and I actually really liked what it was from this specific picture. I’ve been trying but I can’t seem to get it just right. Is there any way for me to do this?. Thanks in advance.

2. Ray-UK

Ray-UK Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D Mk II, Canon 10-22, Canon 24-105 L Mk 1, Canon 24mm 2.8, Canon 55-250 STM, Canon 100mm usm macro, 3x Metz 58 AF1 & too many film cameras, mainly Pentax
    Every photo you take will have information about the settings used within the file, this information is known as the EXIF. Most photo viewers and editors have the ability to display the EXIF so that you can see what particular settings were used, this should help you to set the camera up as you like it but be aware that settings that are right for a photo under cetain conditions may not be quite right for others.

3. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    something you can do as i did when i was learning photography is t save and protect certain images you thought came out good of different types on the memory card you use the most
    ie if you took an image of the moon and it came out good protect that one on the memory card, same with a portrait or lanscape etc
    then, when you out shooting and you cant remember what the main settings were you can look at the image on the card that is similar to what you doing then scroll though the info pages and it will show you what settings you had.
    the light might be different but the basic shutter speed, aperture and iso will give you an idea where to start
    after a while of shooting you will start to know which settings of the main three need to be adjusted to get the image where you want, after a while you wont need to refer to the saved images

one of the key things i found helped me nail exposure was having the histogram on screen as i was shooting, its a very easy thing to learn and its a very good meter of what you are shooting, look it up on youtube.

when i started out i went out and concentrated of learning what one part of the exposure triangle did, ie the shutter speed, how that effected the image, slowly it became second nature

as i wanted to do wildlife photography i had no choice other than to learn manual mode which really isn't that hard at all, it will give you a much better understanding of what to do when the camera's brain runs out of talent in tough conditions