Canon C300mkii looses settings when off.

Discussion in 'HDSLRs and Video' started by Alfredo, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Alfredo

Alfredo New Member

Equipment:
    Canon C300mkii, Canon c100mkii, canon 70D
    Hi,

I have a question regarding my C300 mk2.

I just got it second hand and all seems to be working fine apart one issue.

There is a red icon depicting the coin battery on the LCD/EVF even after I changed the coin battery (CR2025).
    Because of this the camera settings are reset when the battery pack is taken out of the camera (and no wall power is attached), so need to reset the date and time, the ISO which goes back to 200, the shutter speed goes to 25 and all other saved items (like custom menus) e color sampling goes to BT709 etc...

In the manual it says that when the coin battery icon is red the battery is not inserted. That is not my case.
    It also says that:

'The supplied CR2025 lithium button battery ensures that any settings saved on the camera are not lost when no power source (battery pack or AC adapter) is connected to the camera.'

Any suggestion?
    Anyone had the same issue with the coin battery?

Thank you in advance
    Alfredo

2. Joey Williams

Joey Williams Member

Equipment:
    Sony Alpha 77
    It sounds like there may be an issue with the coin battery holder or the internal circuitry of your Canon C300mk2 camera. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Double-check that the new CR2025 battery is properly installed in the coin battery holder. Make sure the positive and negative terminals of the battery are correctly aligned with the markings in the holder.

2. Clean the contacts of the coin battery holder with a soft, dry cloth to ensure that there is no corrosion or debris preventing the battery from making a good connection.

3. Try replacing the coin battery with a new one from a different manufacturer to see if the issue persists.

4. If the issue persists, you may need to contact a Canon service center for further assistance. They may need to replace the coin battery holder or perform other repairs to fix the issue.
    In general, it is important to have a functional coin battery in your camera to ensure that your settings are saved when the camera is turned off. If the coin battery is not functioning properly, your camera may not be able to retain its settings when it loses power.

3. Alfredo

Alfredo New Member

Equipment:
    Canon C300mkii, Canon c100mkii, canon 70D
    Hi Joey,

Thanks for taking the time to replay to my call for help.
    I loved the issue by changing the coin battery with a good brand which as the other 'new' battery I bough from a corner shop was flat! New but flat!
    Now all settings are stored.
    Thanks
    alfredo