Canon Connect driving me mad ...

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Sue Gill, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Sue Gill

Sue Gill New Member

Equipment:
    EOS 800D
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find Canon Connect the most infuriating app? Occasionally it works fine but most of the time when I’m trying to download photos to my IPad I can’t get a connection. I’ve tried WiFi and Bluetooth
    I have an EOS800D. Is there an alternative piece of software I can use or should I put it down to dodgy rural WiFi?

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Canon connect will create its own Bluetooth/WiFi connection with the camera so you would not be affected by the wifi you have that you use to connect to the internet. Not sure what the end game is for you but I do all my editing on the computer, from there you use a variety of methods to access on ipad, anything from dropping them into one-drive/google drive for free. Another option I have not done yet is you could get a LR Creative cloud subscription, which will sync the ipad and your computer to the cloud and you can edit in either location.