Canon EOS-1VHS problem

Discussion in 'Canon Film SLRs' started by Hkgks, Dec 30, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hkgks

Hkgks New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS-1VHS, Canon F1 new, Canon New F1, Fuji GW690II
    Hello everyone !

I don't know where to find help to my problem so i'll try here:

I bought a Canon EOS-1VHS last july because I wanted to try something modern to change my boomer mind of mechanical is better :v It worked fine, shot around 13 rolls the next week and traveled to NY with it, everything was fine not a single problem, when I came back from NY I let it in my bag and maybe 2 months after I take it out, except that it wouldn't turn on, the only thing that showed on the LCD screen was the battery logo just blinking. I thought it needed just a battery change but even with new battery (i use standard AA battery) it do the same thing.

On the manual it say to change battery or send it to canon to check but, it's a 20yo camera and canon don't take it for repair anymore. So i don't really know what's happening, it look mint, didn't shot crazy amount of rolls in its life.

I also noticed that if i turn it ON now, no battery logo showing, nothing at all and won't turn on. But if i take the battery out and in again, taking the lens out and in again and turning it ON, the battery logo come back blinking.

If any of you have any idea of the problem, thanks!