Canon Lens 24mm 1:1.4 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Robert Schembri, Jun 26, 2024.

1. Robert Schembri

Robert Schembri New Member

Equipment:
    Camera Canon EF / Canon Camera F1 / Canon Camera AE-1 / Canon Lens FD 24mm1:1.4 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL / Canon Lens FD55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL / Canon FD 85mm 1:1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL / Canon Zoom Lens FD 28-50mm 1:3.5 S.S.C. w/Macro / Canon Zoom Lens FD 85-300mm 1:4.5 S.S.C / Canon Lens FD 50mm 1:1.4 / Canon Lens FD50mm 1:1.8 / Waist view finder for Canon F1 / Power Winder for Canon AE-1.
    Hi,
    I have a small collection of Canon equipment which unfortunately was not stored properly for quite some time. I have cleaned and repaired most of them, all bodies in good working order, partly dismantled some of the lenses and successfully cleaned. But I have a problem with the last two lenses, the 24mm Aspherical lens and the 55mm Aspherical lens. I just cannot remove the front lens for these two lenses. The 85mm lens Aspherical was quite obvious that it had a threaded ring, which I have already opened and cleaned, But for the the 24mm and the 55mm I am not sure if the front rings with the wording on them are just clipped on or if they need unscrewing. I tried to unscrew with those rubber things, but to no avail, wouldn't nudge. I tried on the internet to find any details how to open these particular lenses but didn't find any. The 55mm can do as is, it only has a little dust inside, My worry is the 24mm because unfortunately it has the sign of a little mould which I like to take care of. Would appreciate if any member has any knowledge on these lenses or if anyone knows from where I can get some information. I don't want to force anything, apart from that little fungus inside the condition of these lenses is perfect and the last thing I want to do is leave any markings/ scratches on them.
    Thanks
    Robert

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    This looks like it is a question about dismantling the lens. I will move the thread to the appropriate sub forum.