Canon t90

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by natey, Sep 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. natey

natey New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Rebel t3i, Canon t90
    Hi guys, you probably haven’t heard much about this ancient thing in a while but here goes:

Recently found myself a Canon t90, and was exited to try it out based on the good things I’ve seen and heard. I read up on the common issues associated with the camera, but mine seems to have a couple that aren’t very well explored.

Firstly, I put fresh 1.5 volt Duracell’s in, which apparently should work fine, but the battery indicator has one bar left. I tested all the batteries and they work fine. I tried replacing them with the energizer rechargeables I often use for similar stuff and same issue, battery level is one bar.

The camera’s displays work fine, the aperture opens and closes when I push in the switch at the front of the camera, as it should, and when I put in a roll of film I heard the sound of it winding with no extra spin, but the camera won’t take a picture. I hear a small, barely noticeable click, but the mirror doesn’t drop and the shutter does not move. There is an “F” lit up on the right side of the viewfinder that flashes, but that’s it. I have the settings set to the “P” mode, because I wanted to get it going before setting my own shutter speeds and aperture.

Is there a fix for this? I am hesitant to send it in to a professional because I’ve had some questionable experiences before.

I’ve heard people say to bang the camera against your hand, because of the motors failing due to lack of use, and I tried lightly hitting it on the bottom, but it seems rather counterintuitive.

Any help or suggestions you might have would be really appreciated! Thanks