Car photography using M3 and 1960's Nikon lens

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by INVUJerry, Nov 20, 2023.

1. INVUJerry

INVUJerry New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 5D Mark II
    Canon M3 w/18/55 kit lens
    Viltrox speedbooster EF adapter
    Canon EF 50MM F1.8
    Hoage F mount adapter
    1960's Nikon lenses
    Nikkor 28MM F2.8
    Nikkor 50MM F1.4
    Nikkor 135MM F3.5
    Been experimenting lately using my father's old (1960's era) Nikon lenses and my Canon M3 camera. The 50MM F1.4 Nikon lens has a weird feature where it gives everything a red/pink/magenta tint when you use it in the daytime so I've been lightly correcting the photos in post with them. My little brother did drop my dad's camera in 1996 and messed the end of the 50mm lens up, and my dad stopped using the camera. I'm not sure if the tinting is a result of the lens being dropped, or just a characteristic of the lens itself.

Some of these photos taken with the 50MM lens, some taken with a 28MM F2.8 lens. I haven't used the 135MM lens yet since it's got a weird small fault and I'm going to try to figure out how to get a workaround going for it (it stays at wide open aperture unless the notch on the back is pushed over). I don't have much to photograph, so I've been taking photos of my car on either my commute home on a dirt road, or in front of my house while the road is closed. I want to figure out how to get an ND filter on the end of the 50MM but the end of it is bent in and out, it's not circular anymore. I'll post pics of that later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe these are the 28MM lens, taken on a different day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]