EOS RF50 camera problem

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Eloy Briones, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Eloy Briones

Eloy Briones New Member

Equipment:
    EOS RF 50 camera
    I just purchased and EOS RF50 camera last week. I am having problems with the controls. I have it set up for single shot, spot focus and sometimes program, manual or auto. I will take a picture or a few pictures but then camera will have switched to 10 second timer and/or a different setting for my focus.
    I assume I am accidentally pressing the AE lock button (14) and the AF selection button(15).
    I tried the Canon support system but didn't get anywhere with it.

I guess my question is how to lock them so I don't inadvertently press them as I handle the camera?

Thank you in advance.

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    you could try the custom settings which allow you to custom asign buttons for different options and see if you can set them to none
    or set it to something easier to toggle off/on

i have the M50 and occasionally hit the right hand button so i changed it to the spot etc meter which generally for me has the least impact on my shooting if i hit it, cant remember if there is a setting for none

3. Eloy Briones

Eloy Briones New Member

Equipment:
    EOS RF 50 camera
    Thanks, I'll try that.

4. Alfred Pennyworth

Alfred Pennyworth New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Mark IV
    Not updated with RF50, but you can check your camera's menu settings for options to customize the AE Lock button (14) and the AF Selection button (15). You may be able to disable these buttons or assign them different functions that are less pain to interfere with your shooting.

5. Eloy Briones

Eloy Briones New Member

Equipment:
    EOS RF 50 camera
    I returned the camera and purchased an R8.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

Alfred Pennyworth likes this.