Erorr with shoting

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Yair Aharon, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Yair Aharon

Yair Aharon New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS4000D lenses-18-55mm+ 75-300mm
    Hi friends to the forum! I'm new here so nice to meet you..
    I have a problem with a very specific lens on the camera. The lens is a Canon 18-55mm
    The problem is that when I take a photo through the screen the image is not saved! When photographing through the viewfinder the photograph is saved, when photographing with a different lens the photograph is preserved, when photographing with a different lens but of the same type the photograph is preserved! what can we do?

Daisy Rosys likes this.

2. Ray-UK

Ray-UK Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D Mk II, Canon 10-22, Canon 24-105 L Mk 1, Canon 24mm 2.8, Canon 55-250 STM, Canon 100mm usm macro, 3x Metz 58 AF1 & too many film cameras, mainly Pentax
    Your problem doesn't really make much sense but it does sound as though the lens may be faulty, sadly this is a relatively cheap lens and would not be cost effective to have it repaired. Much cheaper just to throw it away and buy another.

3. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

I am intrigued, what exactly do you mean by 'when I take a photo through the screen' ? As far as I am aware your camera does not have a 'Live View' mode neither can you take a photograph using the screen. All you can see on the screen are photos that you have already taken and saved.

4. Joey Williams

Joey Williams Member

Equipment:
    Sony Alpha 77
    There are a few possible reasons why your Canon 18-55mm lens might not be saving photos when you take them through the screen. Here are a few things you can check:
    • Make sure that the lens is properly attached to the camera. Check the lens mount for any dirt or debris that could be preventing the lens from making a good connection with the camera.
    • Check the camera's settings. Make sure that the camera is set to save photos to the memory card. You can also try changing the camera's image quality setting to a lower setting.
    • Update the camera's firmware. Canon often releases firmware updates that can fix bugs and improve performance. You can check for firmware updates on Canon's website.
    • Reset the camera to factory settings. This will erase all of your camera's settings, but it can sometimes fix problems that are caused by corrupted settings.
    If you've checked all of these things and you're still having problems, then the lens may be defective. You can contact Canon customer support for help with getting the lens repaired or replaced.

Alfred Pennyworth likes this.