Macro eye like macro

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Caladina, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    IMG_0367a copy copy.jpg
    EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM
    quick pic from the above native M lens, just wondering how this compares to 'traditional' macro lenses, first time trying macro.
    It also shoots as a regular lens when not close up, it has two settings, macro and super macro, this pic was the normal macro with the cameras flash, the lens has an in built ring light in the tip but that gave to bright a light reflection on the pupil.
    again a hand held shot of my own eye (its ok i don't have it as a bio metric yet) making use of the flip screen on the M50.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    zippythezip likes this.

2. Caladina

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    IMG_5404 copy.JPG

Nothing special in terms of comp or such but i was playing about with my sigma 100-400 and a couple of x2 converters and some extension tubes
    i managed to get 5mm of ruler right across the frame
    so on my M50 with a 22.3 sensor i think that works out to 1:4.46
    above is the eye of the queen on a uk £20 note, not cropped as is from the camera just image size reduction for the upload.
    Todays educational info gained, it makes a difference which end you put the tubes and converters, ie tubes at the lens end and x2 converters at the camera end, probably a well known thing but i just learning that stuff atm
    my official 28mm ef-m macro lens does 1:1 ans 1:2

GDN likes this.
  3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    That's the way to learn. I haven't done macro for a while, but what you have done is pretty impressive. How do you think the results would have been if you had used the 28mm macro lens with the combination of tubes and converters?

You were saying about getting mucky shoes and feet before. Just think what is going to happen once you start crawling around looking for bugs and flowers to photograph close up.

Keep us posted on how you progress.

Gary

4. Caladina

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    at the moment the sigma 100-400 is the only ef lens i have as are the converters and tubes so i can't play with the m mount lenses on them.
    i am on the look out for cheap-ish ef canon lenses on ebay and local camera shops so i can try other ideas etc.
    also need to get speed lights and a tripod and make a custom mount for the 100-400 if i get a 3rd converter for moon and planets so i can lock it down for a sharp image, 3x 2x 'verts would be asking a bit much for hand holding, and i probably, ney most defiantly gonna need a tracking mount because i'm sure Saturn will be moving pretty darn quick through the frame at that mag.

as for crawling around / walking through mud its not something i ever shy away from, though i do have to be very aware my camera and lens might not like that so much.
    the main down side to the M50 and lenses is the lack of waterproofing, looking to do some heavy rain shots too

5. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

It is always fun looking out for new gear to try new ideas.

I am looking forward to your Saturn images. I am not sure if three converters will work, buy hey, if you don't give it a go, you will never find out.

Gary