G7X Markii file transfer issues

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by JasML, Oct 10, 2024.

1. JasML

JasML New Member

Equipment:
    G7x Markii
    Hi all

I've been using the Mobile File Transfer app to transfer images from the camera to my android phone via wifi. Now I'm getting a notification that the app is no longer supported and that I have to use the CTP app and pay a subscription. Firstly, that's cannot be right to have to pay a subscription simply to transfer images, secondly the CTP app says my camera isn't even supported!!

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Jas

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Camera connect (CC) has always been the primary program listed in any of your user guides /user manuals for pairing your camera to your phone, even for us DSLR users like my 5d cameras.
    Are you set on using the phone to manage files? I would find this to be a very painful step to pass them through the phone, I think 95% of us on the form use a USB cord or card reader and get them directly to our computer where it is much easier to edit a raw file.

Regarding these (MTF and CTP) they were not intended for the average user is my understanding.
    I believe they are offering a high speed file transfer service program with some cool bells and whistles, and with a subscription to professionals like journalist shooting video on location with who need to transfer large data quickly back to the office over 5G