Help with corrupted pics

Discussion in 'CanonForums.com Support and Suggestions' started by Alisha, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Alisha

Alisha New Member

Equipment:
    Canon t6i
    Hello everyone
    I'm semi new to wedding photography...just did my 2nd one last weekend. When uploading my photos to my computer I noticed the thumbnails didn't show anything as far as the photos go...I went to click on them and it said we don't support that file type which is weird because most of the wedding is there. I tried downloading a restoring software and that didn't work... it only showed a gray box. So I tried downloading another software. Has anyone had this problem before? Is there anyway I can recover these photos within a budget? The photos are of the bouquet and garter toss. Please help!!!

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I think we need some more information here, it sounds like some of the wedding is there, some is not. Are the unsupported files all in a series on the same card from the same camera?
    What file type is working for you what file type is not working?

Are you having problems opening RAW .crx files? You will need a specific editor to handle raw files.

Sounds like you have the files, no need for a recovery software if they are on the card or computer, I would not remove from your card till you have confirmed the local ones did not somehow get corrupted by your restore process or trying to edit them with a program that is not designed for that file.

3. Alisha

Alisha New Member

Equipment:
    Canon t6i
    It's ok...i found a software that will hopefully help...i kept a message that said"can't support that file type" and i do believe some of my files on my sd card were corrupted because i also got a similar message on my camera. Thanks anyway

4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I would suggest getting a new SD card as well probably at this point. Idk if you were using old used ones, but reformatting in camera is recommended every time they are taken out of camera body, and SD cards I find they can start to have issues over time. Interesting I have never had my CF cards go bad.

From your manual...
    http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300018254/02/eos-rebelt6i-750d-im2-en.pdf

upload_2023-8-4_12-40-11.png