Hi. Pentax and Canon user come to join in the fun.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Mike, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Mike

Mike New Member Site Supporter

Long time member (9 years) of Pentaxforums (K-5IIs & K-3II) who also happens to have a 7D MKI. I bought into Canon for 2 reasons, the MP-E65mm and faster AF/tracking. I will pick my Pentax gear 90% of the time but it normally gets left at home when I go out shooting extreme macro or anything moving faster than a sloth ;)

Macro
    [​IMG]

Faster than a Sloth

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    M2Quick and Gina like this.

2. ace 170

ace 170 New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Nikon d3300
    ace170 likes this.

3. Alan Stenback

Alan Stenback New Member Site Supporter

Greetings! From Canon -> Pentax here over the years. Perhaps back to Canon for AF performance alone. I do love my Pentax gear though ;-)

4. Mike

Mike New Member Site Supporter

It is difficult isn't it, I love the output from my Pentax gear but the autofocus speed is far behind that of the other makes and the trackng is all but non existant to be honest. My 7D and Sigma 150-600mm Sport will nail shots time after time when following a subject whereas with the K-3II and 150-450mm it's probably one in three.

Still, it gives me a good reason to buy a few more "toys" now and then :D

5. waterman723

waterman723 New Member Site Supporter

Long time Pentax user here too. It's always about the AF isn't it? Imagine if they put the time in on the AF as they do into the ergonomics of their cameras? First camera I bought was a Canon AE, early 80s. Then my sister, art major, lent me her K1000. But I owned all the major brands. Just picked up a Panasonic G85. So far impressed with it. Of corse looking to get the Canon 400 f5.6 and adapter for it which kinda defeats the purpose of such a small camera. And I can't use it on my K1. Well I think this will be a great forum if its anything like the Pentax.

Rob

6. lunany

lunany New Member Site Supporter

Hi all,

I am a fresh canonforums user but long time pentaxians.de and pentaxforums.com member from Germany. Canon Powershot G9 and G10 user, beside a very old 1Ds with over 200.000 "miles" which I bought about a year ago for a really good price, and an old analog AE-1.

Regards,

Lutz

7. allanmh

allanmh New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 60D
    Greetings from Copenhagen.
    I'm also a dual-system shooter, and member of the PentaxForums for years. Canon for sports, races and airshows, Pentax with its WR for traveling. And I just bought the 18-135mm WR, so now I can shoot in the rain too.
    allanmh