infinity focus

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by john_1968, Sep 4, 2020.

1. john_1968

john_1968 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 1300d with kit lenses of 18-55 mm and telephoto lenses 75 -300 mm. also using the nifty 50. Also just added the 10 - 18 mm canon lens to my collection. now have the 28mm to 90mm lens
    hi very sorry if this may of been posted before . but after info on setting the lens up for infinity focus. its the time of year in the uk that i will be going out with my daughter and our cameras to photograph night skies the milky way and the northern lights soon. my 18 to 55 mm kit lens only has mf / af focus on it so after any help tips and advice to prepare many thanks

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hi John,

You have not said if you are using a tripod or a tracker. But with your lens, set it to mf. If your camera has live view, find a bright star, use the magnifying function to 10X and focus on that star. Review the image and adjust the focus as required.

I would be interested to see your results.

Gary

3. john_1968

john_1968 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 1300d with kit lenses of 18-55 mm and telephoto lenses 75 -300 mm. also using the nifty 50. Also just added the 10 - 18 mm canon lens to my collection. now have the 28mm to 90mm lens
    hi GDN i will be using a tripod and thanks for the help