Landscapes kew gardens metal and glass thingy and some ramblings

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Caladina, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    Not really been shooting anything of late, took a trip to kew only to have to dodge dead bodies on railway tracks so i only had a short time there, like 45 mins before i had to meet the missus later on that day, its ok i have membership so it didn't cost anything to get in, the take away shot was me testing the siggy EX 17-50mm ƒ2.8 to see how it did, well it was ok in the plant houses but the one i was most impressed with was this 17mm shot at 100 sausages of one of the plant houses, i always said the lens was sharp, well i thought it was standard sharp for a wide to standard lens but i was quite happy with this one.
    i've had to halve its size for the server bunnnies but the signs in the original jpeg were still at some degree ledgeble, not something i was expecting from a 17mm at distance

oh the dead bodies were someone on the train tracks, i asked a copper if it was a shovel job and they said see the news later, my gf then said you know they record stuff on the body cams, so somewhere some one will hear your " is it a shovel job" when the co fig the reading,

meh, theres too many hoomans around any way, need to thin the herd

as mentioned already from the sigma EX 17-50mm OS on the M50

oh indecently, while in conversation to a new recruit to the 17-50mm which is a crop lens they mentioned they used it with the speed booster, something i very rarely use, well on testing it it does work dropping it to ƒ2.0 but obviously gives a circular vignette on the M50 as its already a crop lens, but yeah, might be worth popping the speed booster in the bag as a bonus item if i'm going into the plant houses later, but then, what if i take the 50-150mm ex, if that works with the speed booster too, maybe the drop to an ƒ2.0 will be worth it even if i have to crop out the vinager..........the plot thickens or should i say the plot vinagers.............might have had a bit too much rum, oh btw any one who likes Kraken rum or any spiced rum and likes coffee, try the Kraken roast coffee rum, its seriously great!!! kew house1.jpg

(edit, yeah the loss in image quality from the media crunchies doesnt do the lens justice)

Thumbnail and Craig Sherriff like this.