Kookaburra

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Craig Sherriff, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    This little fellow landed on my garage roof, I have tried to get a image of him and his mate several times so when he landed I rushed to the cupboard where I keep my camera gear, grabbed the first camera bag in reach ( Nikon D300 and 200 - 400mm lens. I shot it through my dirty kitchen windw, it's covered in cat paw prints, Mugginsworth,likes to look out at the birds.
    Kokabura.jpg

The Kookaburra (commonly known as a laughing Jack because of it call is similar to someone laughing) or also known as the Terrestrial Kingfisher.

2. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

A good result considering the shooting conditions Craig. Some careful work in Photoshop would improve the sharpness/clarity of the little guy should you feel so inclined. I Googled for more info and was surprised to read that it very rarely ate fish - perhaps it doesn't like getting it's feet wet.;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    This little guy and his mate live in the trees at the back of my home so instead of patching up a snap shot with every thing going against it, I shall try for a better image. They will not be going anywhere to soon. Come Summer when they breed I shall even hopefully get some images of the young ones as well.