Love to Focus on Crocus.

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Tonytee, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    We finally got a break in the inclement weather we have been experiencing. Make hay while the sun shines.
    Lens: Canon EF-S 18~55mm IS II Lens Camera: Canon EOS Rebel t5. Photo Location: Sherwood Forest. ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6

Focal Length 51mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No Flash and used Multi-Segment Metering.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

Attached Files:

2. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    Very nice! My garden still looks like a bog here and Snowdrops and Daffodils are all I have to show. In a month it will be totally changed no doubt.... unless we have 40 days of rain to come. How do you rate the Canon kit lens against the Pentax? I don't have an 18-55 in Canon and have been debating getting one.

3. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    I rate my Pentax-DA 18~55mm AL lens as being a all around better quality build. It offers a lot better color rendition especially when paired with my Pentax k-50 body. I did have a wonderful Pentax k100d super body and last Christmas I donated it to Goodwill. Sad to say, I really miss that camera. Back to Canon. When I received my Canon gear, I started using the kit lens and noticed that when turning toward the 55mm end, it would stick at approximately the 45mm point and stick all the way to 55mm. I contacted Canon and they told me that I should understand that the kit lens is their cheapest product, but that I should send it in for warranty repair. I did, and it came back unchanged. So I just let it go and continue to enjoy it.

Thnx,
    Tony

4. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    When I decided to reduce my body count it fell to my K10D clone by Samsung and my K-x to go. Just could not part with the K100D. It is like a favourite coffee mug. As an entry level camera it was pretty good and feels and handles better than my Canon 350D in my mind. Not to disparage Canon cameras, my all time favourite film camera is the T90, so much so that I bought another a few years ago for spares and was pleased to see it still worked, just a bit tatty and missing the cover for the remote socket.
    Keep up the posting of your images, this forum needs you.