My Neighbor's Awesome Lily.

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Tonytee, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Lens: SMC Takumar 70~200mm Lens Camera: Pentax k-7 Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/50s Aperture: F5.6
    Focal Length 200mm,Manual Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With CWA Metering.

Many thanks for viewing.

TT K7_06254.JPG

2. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    Neighbours are always good for something Tony. It looks like a day lily but it's a bit bright and some parts are a bit over exposed. Next time, try and get the exposure down a bit and always check your histogram which will show if it's blown or not - the histogram is best to have nothing touching the right side (or the left). Try this next time: 1/250th / f:8 / Auto ISO / Spot Metering and adjust the settings from there. Lovely flower BTW.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Tonytee likes this.
  3. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Thank you again for your input. Actually, this image only had a little cropping and of course some downsizing. Although I cannot honestly say that the image is straight out of camera as I do choose to work with brightness and some darkness in order to get the desired effect.
    Having to deal with Hues, Saturation and sometimes Contrast is truly not my cup of tea. Sometime ago members were complaining that my
    images were flat and that I needed to bump up the brightness. I knew that they only meant to be helpful, but it was criticism that I had not
    requested. Again, many thanks for your comments as they are always welcome. Kind regards, :)
    TT

4. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    It's all good Tony, we all have different likes and dislikes when it comes to our photos. When I offer advice or give tips, it's always meant to be a helpful and just a critique, which is just my personal opinion and it's never meant as criticism - but just things to try and see if it works for the better. When folks said your images look flat, that's a term which is very vague but I interpret that to be just lacking contrast. If you ever want any help, just ask and if I can't help, I can always point you to someone that can. I've been photo editing since 1992 and I love it and I've taught a few along the way. Cheers and thanks for you reply. :)

Tonytee likes this.
  5. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Sir Isac, I thank you again for your reply. I took the term "flat" to mean underexposed, lackluster and dull. Then I got to the point where I mentioned to them that there is a reason I did not upload onto the Critique Section. Then it seemed as though they got the point. I can handle helpful hints and suggestions such as yours as you are very tactful and diplomatic while still managing to make your point. Well done and I am looking forward to more. Thanks again Mate. Cheers. Tony :))

Isac likes this.