Need help building canon scanner driver

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Rich Shepard, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Rich Shepard

Rich Shepard New Member

Equipment:
    PowerShot G9, EOS Rebel T3 (IR only), EOS 7D
    I registered my Canon CanoScan LiDE 400 scanner on the Canon USA site, but when I tried to post a question the site kept telling me I had to verify my profile. After 5 attempts to get past that I quit.

Perhaps someone here can point me to where I can get help.

I'm building the scangearmp2 linux driver for the scanner. It configures completely, but the build fails with this message:
    Makefile:355 recipe for target 'all' failed.

How can I contact the proper help source?

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    So i assume that means your installing the Scangear MP driver form their site but getting an error. I guess I would call canons 1800number and see what they can help with support wise since they do have a driver available for Linux.. Not sure if we have any Linux users on the forums here that have dabbled in similar issues.

upload_2023-4-5_14-46-46.png
    https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/canoscan-lide-400#idReference=software-drivers

3. Rich Shepard

Rich Shepard New Member

Equipment:
    PowerShot G9, EOS Rebel T3 (IR only), EOS 7D
    Johnsey,

No, I was building it from source. When I looked more closely at the errors and the source I discovered that the missing libraries (in the com/ subdirectory) needed to be copied to /usr/lib64/. When I did that it built without any issues.

Thanks for your reply,

Rich