Not able to connect my NEEWER TT560 Speedlite flash with R6 Mark ii

Discussion in 'Canon EOS R Series' started by Ponraj, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Ponraj

Ponraj New Member

Equipment:
    Canon R6 mark ii, RF 100-500 mm L,
    Recently I purchased Canon R6 mark ii and Neewer TT560 Speedlite flash. When try to connect my flash with camera not able to connect. I used this way to access the flash. External speedlite control>>>Flash firing (enabled)>>>Flash function settings. When click this or Flash C. Fn settings message appear as This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off. When I fit the flash on the shoe it flash works. Even after fix on the shoe menu is disabled. How to access this menu and can i use the flash as slave detaching from camera. Please advise.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Hello,
    I removed your 3 other copies of this post, just so you know your first posts run through the moderator so you were creating a bunch of copies of the same thread.

Regarding your question, this is a ver basic manual flash. You normally do not get integrated menus with the camera manufacture if you don't buy the higher end TTL enabled flashes. This was designed for the DSLR line of cameras so it is not calling out compatibility but should function perfectly fine if you...
    1. mount on camera and dial in settings on the flash to your needs.
    2. Use it as an optical slave as you mentioned where all you need to do is mount elsewhere and trigger the optical slave by firing a a flash connected to camera that will trigger the slave optically. No menu needed.

You may need a sync cable to make sure your syncing with the shutter...
    https://usdb.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.com/neewer_support/instruction/10003635 TT560闪光灯说明书.pdf