Online company that will do high quality printing

Discussion in 'Post Processing, Printing, and Scanning' started by Brian P Ganger, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Brian P Ganger

Brian P Ganger New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D, Canon 18-135 upgraded kit, Canon 50mm prime, 100-400 Canon mark 1 L
    with a border?

My work is going to hang some pictures of a trip to Alaska in June and the boss wants the framing to be like the others in the office. All of the other art work has a border around the picture 1/2 to 3/4 inch where the person signed it.

I have looked at many and they only seem to do a border for smaller pictures but I am looking for larger 12x8.5 and maybe a 36x10.5...

I have only been looking at sites so far including mpix, Shutterfly, even Walgreen, Staples, have not checked Office Depot (but they own Staples so I don't expect any difference)...

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    There are a handful of professional photo labs and printers in the US that you can look at.

For my medium format negatives i get them developed at https://thedarkroom.com/
    About 15 years ago I worked the winter season at https://www.whcc.com/ spotting gallery wraps off the printer before the got laminated. (When i moved to Minneapolis) Professional printers like this send you a couple free prints to confirm color balance with what you upload and work to make sure they retain your long term business. I don't print professionally often but i would give white house business as they are regional to where I am.

Brian P Ganger likes this.
  3. Brian P Ganger

Brian P Ganger New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D, Canon 18-135 upgraded kit, Canon 50mm prime, 100-400 Canon mark 1 L
    Interestingly enough - whcc was the only company to suggest that I ADD a border with Photoshop. No I use darktable but still - they were the only ones to suggest it. Looks like I can do what with a frame in darktable...

Thanks for the suggestions johnsey.