Poor Quality on G7x Mark i

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by BenBaker151, Jun 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BenBaker151

BenBaker151 New Member

Equipment:
    Camera G7x mark i
    Hello! Recently bought the original 2016 model of the Canon G7x, took a few test videos and have noticed when transferred to my PC they seem to be not of as a higher quality as they are supposed to be. Things in the video appear blurry and not crisp HD. Are there any settings or things that I can do to change this? This is for vlogging my new band so it is important to me. Thanks!

Here is an example of the footage here:

2. Joey Williams

Joey Williams Member

Equipment:
    Sony Alpha 77
    Hello! There are a few things you can try to improve the video quality of your Canon G7x footage when transferring it to your PC:
    1. Make sure you're transferring the video files in their original quality. If you're using a memory card to transfer the files, check that it has enough space and isn't corrupted.

2. Check your video recording settings. Make sure you're recording in the highest resolution available and at the highest bitrate possible. You can also experiment with the frame rate to see if a higher or lower setting gives you better results.

3. Use good lighting when filming. Good lighting is crucial for getting sharp and clear footage, especially in low light conditions.

4. Use a tripod or stabilizer to avoid shaky footage. Shaky footage can make the video appear blurry or out of focus, even if the camera is capable of producing high-quality footage.

5. Edit your footage in post-production. You can use video editing software to adjust the brightness, contrast, sharpness, and other settings to improve the quality of your footage.
    I hope these tips help you improve the video quality of your Canon G7x footage! Good luck with your vlogging!