Powershot 540 transfering images via wifi

Discussion in 'Canon PowerShot Series' started by dale2, Sep 13, 2023.

1. dale2

dale2 New Member

Equipment:
    powershot 540
    I am working through an issue for a friend of mine who isn't concerned with how it works as long as it works!!

The camera is a powershot 540 and has the newest firmware installed. When transferring images using wifi, the camera connects without issue to the desktop (pc). When connected to the PC the option to import untransfered images is selected. The utility incorrectly reports 600+ photos for transfer when in reality there are approx 20 photos for import since the last transfer.

My challenge is understanding how the last image transfered is identified by the canon transfer utility. What needs to be modified on the camera? on the desktop? to properly identify only the images to be transfered i.e. 20 not 600.

I've tried looking to see if the archive flag is being set on the camera or PC, but this doesn't seem to be the case? However I'm happy to be wrong!

If the 600+ images are allowed to all transfer to a new folder, will the utility 'remember' the last transfered image if a different folder is selected for the next transfer?

thanks for any and all help