Red Rose of Beaverton, Oregon :)

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Tonytee, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 18~55mm AL Camera: Pentax K100d Super Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8

Focal Length 55mm, Creative Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With CWA Metering.

Many thanks for viewing. [​IMG]

tt IMGP1488.JPG

2. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    You've got some lovely red roses Tony. Did you shade this one? I notice the magenta creeping in to the petals so you might want to drop the exposure a tad more. Just a thought. I see "Creative" mode in the exif, I'm not familiar with Pentax so what is that?

Tonytee likes this.
  3. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Thank you very much for the compliment. The Creative Mode in Pentax offers just a bit more latitude when it comes to color rendering, bokeh and sharpening with Macros and Close-Up Images. I am afraid I do not agree with any Magenta creeping into to the petals, although at my age, it is entirely possible. I do work a bit in Post Photo Editing by slightly underexposing in order to avoid revealing any blown out reds, whites and yellows. Again, many thanks to you, youngster. :)) TT

4. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    Thanks for the reply Tony. The magenta cast is quite visible on my monitor so I thought I'd point it out to see if others could see it.
    After I drew around what I see as the magenta cast, I noticed my doodling resembled a cockatoo flying past the sun! Is that weird?
    Magenta cast.jpg

Tonytee likes this.
  5. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Okay, so what you are calling Magenta, I see it as Pink. Thnx again. tt :)

6. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    You're welcome kind sir. P.S. easy fix in post :)

Tonytee likes this.
  7. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    In your way of thinking, is this a problem? :)

8. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    I do have a tendency to try and get things as acceptable as possible, simply because of the work I do for people - that is: THEY want "perfect" when I do work on their images, flyers, photography, editing etc, and it sort of gets to be second nature for me. Most are happy with my work but on the odd occasion I get a fusspot that wants a "slightly different shade of chartreuse" or "can you move the dog over a bit" and so on. I did remove the magenta cast and to me it does look more like a "Red" rose. That's just me Tony - ignore my raves and just do what you're doing. :)

Tonytee likes this.
  9. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    In the first place, I had no intention of disturbing you with my question. Obviously, I did and I can assure you, it was not intentional. I do respect your skill set and I do digest all of the wonderful and helpful hints that you so generously offer. So, in the future I will not ignore your offers to help me to improve and in fact, I welcome them. This is the main reason I suggested we discuss these issues via Skype in light of the fact that written communiques often are misconstrued and can lead to heated and inflammatory exchanges. Again, many thnx for your kind offers as they genuinely appreciated. "You are best, Mate." Cheers, Tony :)

10. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    I love to help out wherever I can Tony. I chose today to do nothing but my stuff so was just relaxing today and pouring over my emails - so you're never disturbing me - in fact it's a joy just chilling out and checking out the forums. One thing I do every day is switch off the tech stuff and go to one of two close by lakes with my Cavoodle (Charlie) and get some exercise, fresh air and enjoy my surroundings (always with my camera!). I really do enjoy our banter. Cheers, Greg
    P.S. I still haven't got a webcam, I usually do remote desktop help on the phone using Ultra Viewer but that's usually within Oz.