Red Rose, Red Rose

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Tonytee, Jun 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm, IS, STM Lens Camera: Canon EOS 80 D Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6

Focal Length 250mm,Manual Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With Multi-Segment Metering.

Many thanks for viewing.

TT IMG_2701.JPG

Edom31 likes this.

2. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    Beautiful red rose. You can't beat them. It's never easy to get a bright red "anything" correctly exposed with a digital camera so have you processed this image at all? If so I'm interested to see what you did.

Tonytee likes this.
  3. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.

Hello Isac, many thanks for your comment. What I had to do basically was to work closely with the 80d's presets. First off I had to get out of the Creative Shooting Modes (Leaving it in Neutral Mode), then get a new gray card and reset the White Balance and White Balance Custom features. Next I had to switch from JPEG to RAW and then manipulate the 80d's camera settings until I could get a more acceptable result. After all that, I feel I still have quite a ways to go yet. Thanks again, Tony

4. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Cameras:
    7D / 7D Mark II / SX-50
    Canons-10 - 300mm
    Tamrons-17-400mm
    Sigmas-18-500
    Thanks Tony for that. You've got the red looking nice and bright. It's all about practice - practice - practice. Keep at it, I'm confident that you can only get better. Just a tip: After shooting, check the histogram on the camera screen and make sure there is no "white" part up against the right hand side. If there is, you loose the detail in the image and it becomes just one solid colour. I don't have creative modes on my 7Dii, and I only use manual mode and sometimes Aperture Priority. I will - now and then - take an "Auto" shot just to see the settings (used by the camera) so I copy those settings to my manual mode as a starting point and then make adjustments from there. Have fun and keep learning! Cheers.

Tonytee likes this.