Remote control shutter is only focussing, and not taking photos.

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Jasper, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Jasper

Jasper New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 6D
    Hi, I have a video here showing what my issue is. It only goes for 1 minute.

I have played about with the settings and camera mode. I've watched many youtube tutorials about this, and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I've checked the canon help section on their website, and followed advice other people received who had this issue. Nothing I have tried is working.

Am I pressing it wrong somehow? I am so confused.

I really need to try and get this to work tomorrow, and on top of that, the remote (cordless) shutter I purchased flat out is not working at all. I suspect it's a lemon, or the battery that came with it is dead :(

Please, if you have any ideas or advice, it would be massively appreciated, or if you can direct me somewhere where I may be able to get assistance.
    Thanks!

2. Joey Williams

Joey Williams Member

Equipment:
    Sony Alpha 77
    From what I can see in the video, it appears that your camera is automatically stopping the recording after one minute. This is likely due to the camera's settings, which may be set to limit the maximum recording time to one minute.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the camera's manual or online resources to determine if there is a maximum recording time limit and how to adjust it.

2. If there is a maximum recording time limit, adjust the setting to allow for longer recordings.

3. Make sure that you have enough available storage on your camera's memory card. If the memory card is full, the camera may automatically stop recording.

4. If you are still having issues, try resetting the camera to its default settings.
    Regarding the remote shutter, try replacing the battery with a new one and make sure it's properly inserted. If the issue persists, you may want to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or consider purchasing a different remote shutter.