Nature sleeping foal

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by kevin davies, Aug 7, 2020.

1. kevin davies

kevin davies Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    IMG_0200.JPG

JRS950 likes this.

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Nice lookiing animals, Kevin. I use to have a pair of standard bred mares myself, I used them for what we called paddock bashing or just riding around, my big girl was 16 hands tall and had two speeds.
    Stop and plod but if she fond food it was stop only.

3. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    Hi had a bad experience with a horse when I was a kid so wary of them These wild ponies are skittish I have got one who comes close when I rattle a bag of carrots but only get around 3 feet before he gets nervous [costing a fortune in carrots] Kevin

4. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Never had a issue with my horses, if they did not come when I called them I would rustle a plastic bag of their favorite biscuits, China, my larger horse would come up to me and nusle my face. She also loved to be brushed and scratch at the base of her tail.
    If I wanted to move her to another paddock all I had to do was put my arm around her neck and she would follow.

5. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    Sounds good I got thrown off a large stallion scared the hell out of me hence the mistrust. Kevin

6. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    I come off a ex-race horse and found the only rock on the track, broke 3 ribs and was bruised, I was much younger and though my self bullet proof. I found out the hard way this was not true and had to sleep on the floor for a month.

7. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    Thats bad luck hope your all o.k now Kevin

8. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    That was years ago, I have suffered far worse since then and I am still alive, till 2007 when I had a medical issue leading to me not being able to work.
    Stuck on a Invalid pension I now teach a photography class and volunteer OP Shop handling their photography gear and serving behind the counter

9. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    I sympathise with you I had life threatening failure in 2000 had to give up my business bloody disaster but Im still here albeit restricted in what I can do. Got up to the ponies today managed to get one to eat out of my hand greedy thing ate a bag of carrots. Kevin p.s posting a few of todays pics soon

10. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    It's good to be active in areas outside of our old business and in my case trade, I was a Mechanical Fitter and worked in heavy industry, since my little mishap, I found that regular exercise a necessity and teaching my photography class is good for my mental health.

11. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    Hi I used to be a motor fitter went on to run my own business selling car parts, for 15yrs. when illness caused my shop to close, I worked p//time for a few years then re trained to be an MOT tester but arthritis put a stop to that. |I met the love of my live in 2000 but she ended up with M.S so I was her carer for 12 years. She passed away in 2017 still aint got over it.Managed to hand feed a pony yesterday step forward for me Kevin

12. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Life can be a hard experience.

It's good to see that you have an positive outlet to help with your mental wellbeing. Small steps, small steps, but it sounds as if you are going in the right direction. Keep going.

Gary

13. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    Thanks. Gary

14. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    I have had a little experience in what you have been through, my next door neighbor, Maree. had MS. We lost her last year. She was confined to a wheel chair but did not let this slow her down, she used the hallway as a drag strip, Her Husband got a phone call while he was away getting groceries for them, she had driven the front wheel into the wall and was stuck, 3 days latter she did it again. Barry had to put timber buffering all around the hallway.
    I can only comment on what works for me.
    I attend exercise classes twice a week, volunteer at St. Vincent De Paul and teach my photo class. The exercise classes helps with my medical issues and the other things I do help with my mental health.
    Another thing is being involved with the forum, being part of a community goes a long way to personal happiness, being on this forum is a first big step.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  15. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    My partner was confined to a w/chair her big accident was coming into the house the wheels spun on the wooden ramp I said give some beans and it flew into the kitchen and demolished the cooker, we had a laugh later. Insurance covered the cooker. Kevin

16. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    when I had my little mishap, it took me a while to be able to walk again and was in a wheel chair for 2 and a bit weeks. I then progressed to a walking frame. I used to go for a walk around the hospital late at night because I could not sleep, quite often I would be caught by the fun police, usually in the form of a grumpy head nurse and her security. Must have thought I was going to sneak off to the pub.

17. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    I spent nearly 3 weeks in hosp. we had one nurse who was a tyrant but she was from the village I was born in so I had a word with her about getting above her station no probs after that I once broke an eyelash falling out of bed [joke] Kevin