Upload to photoshop issues from 80D

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by RobertM3110, Feb 14, 2022.

1. RobertM3110

RobertM3110 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Hi, anybody help with this? Was successfully uploading from Canon80d to Photoshop elements (PC) today but encountered a problem. An error message came up in Photoshop saying the PC was unable to access. The images are visible on the camera and clearly still on the SD. Now, I had slightly knocked the camera during downloading and the 80D guide suggests this could damage the card and recommends formatting it. I dont want to do that as there are images I still need ti get. Has anybody had this issue. I tried connecting to the phone and couldnt see any images other than a test shot I took after the problem occurred, but as I say images are visible on the camera. I havent got a spare card to see if that would download.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    To be honest I have never identified a direct import into Photoshop. Software wise i have only used the EOS Utility to transfer images, then opened them in the editor I am using after the fact. However I have primarily used a card reader as it is more efficient to copy files off, I would recommend a card reader and see if you can copy the files off the card. I do also recommend having a least 2 cards for your camera.

3. Ellinor William

Ellinor William New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 90DSLR
    The last Camera Raw version that Photoshop Elements 12 supports is Camera Raw 8.5.
    The support for the Canon 80D was added with Camera Raw version 9.5 which your version of Photoshop Elements can not support. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html
    You can use the free Adobe DNG converter to convert the Raw files from the Canon 80D to DNG files and then open the files in Photoshop Elements 12.

4. Samy

Samy New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 90D
    As Ellinor said, The last Camera Raw version that Photoshop Elements 12 supports is Camera Raw 8.5.
    The support for the Canon 80D was added with Camera Raw version 9.5 which your version of Photoshop Elements can not support. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Adobe DNG converter can be used to convert the RAW files from the Canon 80D to DNG files, which will be used on Photoshop Elements 12.

5. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Robert, were you able to get the files off the card? Looks like compatibility may be an issue with PS elements. and Canon documentation points you to use EOS Utility for file transfer. I recommend a card reader personally, but either way seems your path forward is to transfer the files off the card outside of using Photoshop. I actually like this because you can sort them out on the file management side before editing.