Wedding video....

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Victorthesecond, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Victorthesecond

Victorthesecond New Member

Hi, hello everyone. I'm an experienced photographer, but have never used the videograph capabilities on my Canon 70D. My niece has asked if I can do a very simple video of her forthcoming wedding ceremony...

My plan is to set the camera up on a tripod, point it at the place the happy couple will stand, start the video and hope for the best! But, I doubt that will work well. My (better) plan is to ask you all for advice...

I don't think the microphone on the 70D will be good enough? Any reccomendations for an inexpensive, but good, alternative would be very welcome!

What software would you reccomend for editing?

Is there anything "out there" that would let me view what is being recorded on my Android phone and even act as a remote control to zoom in etc?

If none of this is possible on a 70D, could I do it on my 6D MkII?

Any other ideas or suggestions would be very welcome!!!

Thank you in advance

Mike

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    Markus pix has done an extensive set of videos on youtube about video sound recording which was an excellent watch and learn, i myself don't do video but if you have the time to watch he compares a ton of different mics, recorders etc from cheap to expensive