April Monthly Challenge - "Food"

Discussion in 'Official Photo Contests and Events' started by johnsey, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Thanks Thumbnail, I was playing around with a ring light, I have had it for a little while now. IMG_0053.JPG

2. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

The circle of light on the apple indicated a ring flash or ring light Greg. Coincidentally, I was reading a 'today's post' in Photrio this morning that posed the question 'Is the ring lights craze waning?' I must live in a closetted world now because apart from when I used a ring flash occasionally when shooting certain macros a decades or more ago I was unaware that such a craze existed.

Hmm, is it ok to mention another forum? Apologies if it is not the done thing.

3. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Craig is my name Thumbnail, no issues as I believe we should be sharing what is going on in around us and this is not the only photography thing out there. I did not know there was a craze going on that it was just a useful piece of lighting equipment and for macro work it is excellent.

4. Thumbnail

Damned spell checker - I need one with a built-in user-attention checker. Sorry Craig.

5. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    no need to apologize, these things happen.

6. Thumbnail

Time for a break with a cup of tea and a slice of cherry cake.
    Breaktime.jpg
    Canon PowerShot SX260 HS

José Mª. likes this.
  7. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    nice, Thumbnail and matching plate and cup too.Sweet.

8. Thumbnail

Thanks Craig. When the Head Honcho (me) offers the household domestic (me) the chance of a cuppa how could I refuse.

9. Thumbnail

Mid-morning snack in biodegradable packaging.
    Biodegradable.jpg

10. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Thumbnail, there are 3 things I love most to eat and due to the Diabetes, I am not allowed to eat them. Grapes. watermellions and bananas. I am allowed a small amount of monkey food, it apparently has a high sugar content. nice image, mate.

11. Thumbnail

Thanks Craig but I'm saddened that you are denied such treats, life can be a real bitch at times.

12. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Things could always be worse, I am lucky to be here alive so living on a bit of a diet of minimum sugar is not a soul destroying thing compared to what could have happened. Like anything you take it one day at a time and find a purpose in life.

13. Thumbnail

D for Dilemma
    Three sausages that need to be turned into...
    Sausages.jpg

...... Toad-in-the-Hole or Sausage and Mash or Sausage Sandwiches or perhaps you know better .....;)

14. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    I would have prefered to see the end produce or did it not last long rnough for a photo.

15. Thumbnail

Your wish is my command Craig.
    Sausage and Chips.jpg
    As a youngster in the 1940's my memories of the food Mum cobbled together under rationing are very few but two things I remember vividly - sharing the first banana I had seen with my three siblings and the meal shown here. Veg was readily available and meat was severely rationed but somehow sausages popped up regularly, although now I shudder to think exacly what went into them, but goodness me it was a tasty meal then and even better today. :D
    P.S. I saved the third sausage for a sandwich later.

Corrected spelling.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  16. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Looks yummy, Thumbnail, I grew up in the 60s no ration cards but things were still tight, my mom used to do the same thing. There was always vegtables out of dad's garden.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    Thumbnail likes this.
  17. José Mª.

José Mª. Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    CanonEOS 350D, Canon EOS 2000D; lens 15-85 and Zeiss macro planar 90mm
    Craig, nice photo, I hope you enjoyed the product or should you limit your consumption?

18. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Miniature, a fun way to approach this month's theme

19. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Miniature, small eggs look like carrots

20. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Craig, Great photograph of the apple, its lighting highlights it and gives it a nice shape