August Monthly Challenge - "Pick a Color: Red"

Discussion in 'Official Photo Contests and Events' started by johnsey, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    yeah, wanted to arrive at red differently, just a colour change in photoshop, originally yellow (chicken of the woods), its been missing from that tree the last few years but i saw it was back t'other day, bit late in the year for it but ir was nice to see it

2. José Mª.

José Mª. Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    CanonEOS 350D, Canon EOS 2000D; lens 15-85 and Zeiss macro planar 90mm
    Thumbnail.-Excellent equilibrium of cards; the photographs of the truck wheels, including a self-portrait; the old machinery, and the two photographs of the flowers that produce joy, are good examples that fit the theme of the chosen color.

3. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Caladina.- Shiny jerrycan and I especially like the window with the detail in red.

4. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Ohmn.- The charming sports classics, the Coca-Cola advertisement, and the one for the company with the winged horse; are great examples. The cherries would possibly be better when they ripened a bit more, but the example of changing the white balance is a good one.

5. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Craig.- I've always liked what you've done with the red mailbox, which is turning a color photograph into black and white, keeping one color. It has been very natural for you.

6. José Mª.

Equipment:
  7. José Mª.

Equipment:
    I'm still in Torredembarra, my wife has discovered some tomatoes that are grown in this area, and they call it “Extasis”. And it is true they are quite good, and they have a lot of flavor compared to those of the Supermarket. She sent them a Caprese salad made with these tomatoes.

_MG_2258h2.jpg

Thumbnail likes this.
  8. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Thanks, José , the challenges are to take us out of our comfort zone so that includes thinking outside the box a bit. I have been looking at that mailbox as I drove past for some years.

9. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    your image looks yummy, it is true about the supermarket tomatos as they are grown in hot houses with so much artifical fertilizer and those grown in the ground obsorb all the natual goodnes in the ground, my father took a lot lof pride in the many tomatoes he grow in his large vegetable garden. He would keep the largest seeds from the previous season each year.

10. José Mª.

Equipment:
    On these _MG_2280h.jpg exhausting days, more due to the humidity than the heat, this fresh fruit is appreciated as it is ideal for cooling off.

Thumbnail likes this.
  11. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Oh, watermelon, it's such a delight but since I now have diabetes, I am not allow due to the high natural sugar content. I hope you enjoyed it, though.

12. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Craig, thank you for looking and answering, you are right with fruit and vegetable products, which are of better quality when bought from farmers. Tomorrow we are going to Barcelona to visit the doctor and my wife told me that we should buy her some tomatoes for the neighbor in Barcelona.

13. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

Thank you @José Mª.

14. Thumbnail

Mouthwatering....

15. Thumbnail

Beautiful colour, that would make me a delicious light evening meal.

16. Ohm

Ohm Member

Equipment:
    EOS 5D
    EF 14mm 2.8L II USM
    EF 35mm 1.4L USM
    EF 85mm 1.2L USM
    SPEEDLITE 580EX
    True about the cherries. Yes I'm still having fun with WB (July), even threw in some flash for more fun.

17. Thumbnail

Red Daisy.jpg
    It must be because of this months Challenge that I seem to be seeing more red flowers that any other, just commenting, not complaining;)

José Mª. likes this.
  18. Thumbnail

As the August Challenge is nearing the end of the road I thought this photo of a toy car that had reached it would be an appropriate image.
    Toy Car.jpg
    Canon PowerShot Sx260HS

José Mª. likes this.
  19. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    It's a pitty it was not a bit bigger as it would make a lovely gogo mobil for getting around the garden, who said kids should have all the fun.

Thumbnail likes this.
  20. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Thank you Thumbnail for your comments.