January Monthly Challenge - "New Gear"

Discussion in 'Official Photo Contests and Events' started by johnsey, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    I like the way you have got down low for the image, Caladina.

2. José Mª.

José Mª. Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    CanonEOS 350D, Canon EOS 2000D; lens 15-85 and Zeiss macro planar 90mm
    Craig, has an impressive camera, I have seen photographs taken with larger formats that have great definition even though they are taken with film.

3. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Thumbnail, I admire your knowledge and the hands to be able to fix the cameras yourself. Now I am trying to find a professional in Barcelona to convert the 9.5mm film format into digital format, so I can deliver the films that accompanied the projector to my cousins.

Thumbnail likes this.
  4. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Caladina, I have never had an 85 mm fixed lens, so bright for face portraits it must be phenomenal, the example photographs are good, I like the one of the pond.

5. José Mª.

Equipment:
    The Christmas holidays here in Spain do not end until January 6, when the Epiphany is

celebrated, which is the arrival of the Wise Men from the East to visit the newborn baby Jesus,

bringing them gold, incense and myrrh. It is a happy day for children who wait to receive their

gifts, like Santa in other countries, but on January 6th.

In our immediate family, we like to celebrate this day by getting together to eat and then give

each other gifts, but this year I couldn't go due to a bad cold.

Another important date is the Name Day of my sister Manuela, which is celebrated on January

1, and she invites us siblings and cousins to eat at her house. This year I was surprised by my

cousin, who gave me the following objects, because since I liked photography I could take

advantage of them, and that she would like to see the three movies that came with the device.

I still don't know what to do, I guess in the end I will look for a professional, if I can find one,

who will convert the film into digital. It is a projector from 1920 and it projected 9.5mm film. I

will wait after they perform a small surgical intervention, which they have to do.

_MG_3054h.jpg _MG_3059Ah.JPG _MG_3061Ah.jpg _MG_3070h.jpg

Craig Sherriff and Thumbnail like this.
  6. Thumbnail

Thumbnail Active Member Site Supporter

Thank you for your comment on my image José. This is a remarkable piece of equipment and I'm sure you will find a company that can covert your films to digital.

7. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Thumbnail, thanks for your comments

8. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D,350D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses.Mamiya universal press camera and 4 lenses, Mamiya RB67 Pro S and 5 lenses, Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    A lovely piece of equipment, José.

9. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Thanks, Craig